Li Edelkoort- Goddesses - Trends Summer 2019
GODDESSES - tomorrow's female archetypes. A seminar by Li Edelkoort.
You are invited to experience the Spring / Summer 2019 trends, colours & textiles
& the new forecasting books & audiovisuals created by Lidewij Edelkoort.
Colours, materials, shapes, designs for Spring / Summer 2019
Focus areas: Lifestyle, fashion, interior, housing and architecture and industry.
WE NOURISH THE NEEDS OF TODAY'S AND TOMORROW'S CONSUMERS AROUND THE WORLD
Since 1986, founder Lidewij Edelkoort has predicted creative trends in fashion, color, textile, lifestyle, architecture. She has been at the forefront of nearly every major trend, while creating an international family. We provide highly creative inspirations for the coming years, to help our costumers recreate their own world. Our trend forecasting books are handmade, tactile, and produced twice a year in limited quantity.
- 11.00: doors open - aperitif & light meal
- 12.30: Summer 2019 - GODDESSES
- The goddess movement is responsible for a turnaround in fashion, which will have profound influences on the way women dress. The days of normcore and streetwise basics seem to evaporate in the face of a revolution in shape and making. The variations in cut, drape and fold are astounding and will give the skills of fashion design back to the professionals, away from the influencers. Editing is no longer the name of the game since brand new pieces will be introduced, able to silence all hash tags. Majestic fabrics and regal colours will lend allure to all women, able to enhance their natural beauty. You are invited to find your own goddess being, taste and pleasure within this trend forecast that will become a style bible for the years to come.– Lidewij Edelkoort
- 13.45 Casualwear & Colors 2019 - Dry Goods/ Activewear
- A major change is about to occur in the field of design and fashion. Colors will be assembled exactly in the way we cook and blend different elements together, at times with soothing monochromes, sometimes sharp and acidic new contrasts but also with harmonious multiple taste layers. At fashion's Chef's Table we will see the delicate detailing of unusual accents, the robust choice of local aromas and the finishing with preserved ingredients. Inspired by the chefs of this world, the world of casual fashions, make-up and interiors will start using hues in a radical new way, introducing advanced knowledge about colors, blending them like never before. Changes in proportion, density and tactility will guide gustative pleasures yet to be born, almost as if we can taste colors! – Lidewij Edelkoort
- 14:30 Break
- 15.00 Home & lifestyle 2019 – SPIRITUAL HOUSE
- In response to a world in transition, the home environment becomes a sanctuary, an escape, a refuge and a comfort. Lifestyle embraces the federation of food, the connection of nature and the celebration of family, friends and pets. The spiritual home is a new domain in which our relationship to furniture, objects, materials and colors will gently shift, promising real change and great hope for the future. A profound search for simplicity, tenderness and humanity will pervade. – Lidewij Edelkoort.
- 15.45 Questions
- 16:00 End
Location: Barcelona Meeting - Rijnkaai 95, 2000 Antwerpen
- € 350
- Students and teachers: € 200
PRICES Excl. VAT
- A group that registers 4 paying seats gets 1 extra seat for free
- Trend-booklet featuring the "Goddesses" trend themes and theme pictures included.
1) Trends & Textiles - credit: artefact from the Metropolitan Museum of art, 4500-4000 bc, bequest of Walter C. Baker, 1971
2) Activewear - "the elephant" : by san diego zoo
3) & 4) By Daniel Costa (spiritual house)