Viewpoint No. 43
VIEWPOINT ISSUE #43: SPIRITUALITY
In good spirits
It’s more than likely that, at some point in the past few days, you have made time for a yoga class or a leisurely walk or 10 minutes of meditative downtime – or simply a few moments to sit and enjoy a cup of tea. It’s also possible that you smudged your home with sage, listened to a mindfulness podcast, gathered with others to sing together – or set out to cast a spell. Spirituality in the 21st century has many faces and myriad themes, but they are all pulled together by a common desire to seek out and experience something that goes beyond the everyday routine of the physical world.
Viewpoint #43, the Spirituality edition, unpacks the reasons why, in the most rationa
l, scientifically aware, data-driven societies that have ever existed, we still yearn for the unexplained and the unexplainable. We don’t want to go back to the days where church on Sunday was mandatory for Christians, but those of us who no longer subscribe to organised religions are finding that we still hanker after spiritual nourishment.
And we are finding it from many sources.
Reports and features on medium- and long-term developments of target groups, future markets, product, design and sales strategies.
Deep going analysis of consumer behaviour, socio-economic developments, cultural trends and lifestyle together with sound conclusions and proposals for new product design and marketing strategies.
Viewpoint puts design into perspective, confirms emerging directions, monitors and reconfirms maturing ideas and provide a voice of authority and integrity for decision-makers in the fields of textiles, fashion, beauty, graphics, architecture, interior and industrial design. retail, media and marketing.
- A bible for design understanding and inspiration
- The bridge that connects the product designer to the consumer
- Insightful written analysis of the most important directions impacting design and marketing
- A wealth of exciting, but highly pragmatic visual imagery to help design your products
- Opinion and writing from internationally leading authors and market specialists
- Articles that are deliberately simple in tone, getting to the point quickly to deliver clear pragmatic analysis and opinion
- A big idea that highlights the most important factor and influencer in design thinking at the moment
- A run down of the need to know new technologies, materials, approaches and working methods
- Emerging trends that are shaping the modern world ranging from the socio cultural to the economic, political lifestyle
- A talent bank where we scout the names that you should know, the designers and idea makers of both today and tomorrow
Issue frequency: 2 issues per year
Months of publication: 04/09