Colour Flow 2019 Colour & Material Guide
Colour Flow 2019 The four colour stories of Colour Flow 2019 are all are influenced by the concept of time.
- Visionary Future takes a long-term approach to materials and colours, emphasising good design and durable materials that can be reused.
- E-motional expresses fluidity and temporality, with materials and colours that change in response to light and reflection.
- Collective Culture links our history to the future and blends elements of world cultures. Finally
- Explore Reality shows how virtual reality influences physical materials and colours, adding new layers to our daily lives.
Colour & material The narratives of Colour Flow 2019 highlight a sense of exploration and encourage new ways of thinking about aesthetics, materials and matter.
Content The colours are placed in a circle to give a clear idea of the colour directions for 2019 and to show how the colour narratives can merge with each other. If you are limited in creating new colours, the circle can bring clarity regarding which new shades to include. If you are working with collections the colour circle displays the transition of the colours through the seasons.
Colour Flow is the annual trend forecast book with focus on colours and materials for industrial, interior and lifestyle products.
Colour Flow identifies the most important signs of the time and translates them into new colours and materials. These Signs directly relate to the annual lifestyle book 20/20 Vision based on long time trend research (2-5 years).
- Colour and material directions for product developer
- 177 Pages of design directions
- Pantone TCX swatches and material swatches
- Annual release, September
- CD-ROM presentation
Annual release, published in may / june